
Football
Share
Published 13:59 19 Jun 2025 BST
Updated 16:46 19 Jun 2025 BST

Former Cork goalkeeper, Anthony Nash, was arrested for public disorder in Dublin just two days before the dismissal of his drink-driving case.
Nash was arrested in a Dublin 1 hotel on Saturday after gardaí were contacted over concerns that the 40-year-old “needed help".
The two-time All-Star had attended a drinks reception in the hotel following the URC final between Leinster and the Bulls at Croke Park, which it is believed he had also been at.
The Cork native was taken to Mountjoy garda station and later charged with public order offences.
A garda spokesperson said: "Gardaí arrested a man in relation to a public order incident in Dublin 1 that occurred on the evening of Saturday 14th June 2025
"The man (aged in his 40s) was arrested under the Public Order Act, and taken to a Garda Station in the Dublin area.
"He has since been charged, and is due to appear before the Criminal Courts of Justice at a later date. Investigations are ongoing."
Nash had his drink-driving case dismissed on the following Monday. This case was in relation to him being previously arrested on suspicion of drink-driving in August 2023 and then charged with driving under the influence of alcohol.
The Cork District Court heard that the ex-Cork hurler allegedly asked a garda “do you know who I am?” when he was arrested. Nash had also told the garda “I’m drunk” when she had approached him.
The court also heard that Nash's car was found mounted in a ditch with the back of the vehicle protruding on to the road.
Nash will appear at Dublin District Court in early July for his public order offences charges.
Explore more on these topics:

Legendary Tyrone boss being proven right after staunch anti-AFL stance
He was loud about it! Tyrone’s legendary All-Ireland winning manager, Mickey Harte, has long been banging the anti-AFL drum. As far back as 2006, he was highly critical of the International Rules series, which he felt was taking away from the GAA and providing a platform for players to showcase themselves to Aussie rules teams. […]
Football
2 days ago
Kerry on verge of losing two of their best talents to AFL
Sad times. If Mayo fans think they have it bad with the departures of Kobe McDonald and Oisín Mullin to Australia, Kerry have objectively been hit worse, and it does not look to be getting any better for the Kingdom. According to a report from the Irish Examiner, U20s talents Evan Boyle and Daniel Kirby […]
Football
2 days ago
Mayo star suggests Kobe McDonald could come back this season for club
Football