
MMA
Share
Published 07:49 15 Feb 2017 GMT
Explore more on these topics:
"I am happily retired and enjoying life at this time."Here is the full message. https://twitter.com/FloydMayweather/status/831643758542196736 Mayweather’s tweet came following a report in the LA Times claiming that UFC head honcho Dana White had sent the paper a text message to say:
'No deal is even close to being done.'The LA Times report also carried quotes from a veteran UFC official speaking on the condition of anonymity, who said that a meeting between Dana White and Mayweather’s advisor Al Haymon would have to take place before any deal is done over a potential bout. The official also said that the UFC would also have to be involved. “This is about (the UFC) protecting its franchise and about those who invested $4 billion in the company (in a July sale) protecting their investment,” the official said. “There’s much more at stake here than $100 million for Conor McGregor. This is about $4 billion.” Looks like this one is going to rumble on for a while yet.
How to get early access to tickets for Katie Taylor in Croke Park
Last week it was announced that Katie Taylor would be spearheading the first Croke Park boxing card since 1972, with the Olympic gold medallist set to face Flora Pili on September 5th. The news was confirmed during a Matchroom press conference in Croker last Friday, following longstanding negotiations between organisers and the GAA. One of […]
MMA
2 months ago
Jake Paul has surprisingly gracious take on Katie Taylor Croke Park bout
Kind words The day we thought would never come finally arrived, with Katie Taylor’s Croke Park homecoming bout confirmed for September 5th. French fighter Flora Pili will be her opponent on the day, which is set to be one of Ireland’s greatest ever sporting occasions. In response to the news, social media star/boxer, Jake Paul […]
MMA
2 months ago
MMA
Anthony Joshua leaves hospital & pays respect to friends killed in car crash
MMA