
Football
Share
Published 15:19 2 May 2024 BST
Updated 15:35 2 May 2024 BST

Newcastle United midfielder Sandro Tonali has been given a suspended two-month ban for breaching the Football Association's gambling rules.
Tonali has been serving a 10-month ban from football since October after the FA found him guilty of betting on matches while in Italy.
The FA also revealed back in March that the 23-year-old had allegedly breached the rules 50 times.
It said: “It’s alleged that the Newcastle United midfielder breached FA Rule E8 50 times by placing bets on football matches between 12 August 2023 and 12 October 2023.”
Under his current ban, Tonali was expected to be available for the start of the new season after missing almost the entirety of the 2023/2024 campaign and Euro 2024.
But Craig Hope of the Daily Mail reported on Thursday that the Italian has been handed a suspended two-month ban and a £20,000 fine with a warning from the FA.
The midfielder has been allowed to continue training with his Newcastle teammates throughout his band and back in October, Tonali’s agent Beppe Riso stated that his client had been suffering from a “gambling illness”.
His club have said they will continue to follow a therapeutic plan and educational programme with the club’s full support.
Related links:
Explore more on these topics:
Live sport on TV in Ireland this weekend – Football, GAA and Rugby – August 21st-24th
The Prem is back! The Premier League is back this weekend, and so are we with our ultimate TV guide. Alongside the English footy, there’s League of Ireland, a heap of club GAA, and some rugby inter-pros. Enjoy the sport and a few pints! Football Friday, 21 August Saturday, 22 August Sunday, 23 August Monday, […]
Football
2 days ago
Reports from Spain say Troy Parrott rejected big Premier League move
He knows what he wants! Following the news of Troy Parrott’s imminent move to Real Betis, more details of the transfer process have come to light. Follow our blog below for more details.
Football
2 days ago
Football
Champions League club ‘in final stages’ of completing Troy Parrott deal
Football