
Football
Share
Published 10:26 16 Apr 2016 BST
Updated 12:30 16 Apr 2016 BST
Explore more on these topics:
The player had been released from Nott’s County at the end of his youth contract at 16 before getting an opportunity at Nottingham Forest.
In an interview in today's Daily Mail, he admits that while he impressed scouts at the City ground, the coaches felt there was one key issue holding him back from becoming a full-timer with the former European Champions.
"A week-long trial turned into two weeks, then a month, but when they asked me to stay until the end of the season, they sat me down and said: ‘Wes, first thing’s first, you need to get in shape.’ I weighed 16-and-a-half stone and got told to lose two stone — so I was doing extra running every day and I went on a diet. "The onus was put on me though. I remember doing laps of the City Ground on my own every day and, when the youth team played games, I just ran! It was tough. I learned from that. When I signed for Leicester, they thought I could still trim down a bit but again the onus was on me. I do my own work in the gym and keep at a weight that’s right for me. I’ll always be a big guy though."

Live sport on TV in Ireland this weekend – Football, GAA and Rugby – August 21st-24th
The Prem is back! The Premier League is back this weekend, and so are we with our ultimate TV guide. Alongside the English footy, there’s League of Ireland, a heap of club GAA, and some rugby inter-pros. Enjoy the sport and a few pints! Football Friday, 21 August Saturday, 22 August Sunday, 23 August Monday, […]
Football
2 days ago
Reports from Spain say Troy Parrott rejected big Premier League move
He knows what he wants! Following the news of Troy Parrott’s imminent move to Real Betis, more details of the transfer process have come to light. Follow our blog below for more details.
Football
3 days ago
Football
Champions League club ‘in final stages’ of completing Troy Parrott deal
Football